Every year we run annual Sickle Cell awareness event, to educate our community about the challenges of living with Sickle Cell Disease and support available. In this Unprecedented global health conditions, the theme for this year will be COVID-19 CRISIS AND SICKLE CELLS
On the day will have?
- Personal accounts from suffers and carers
- Benefit and welfare advice for those affected by Sickle Cell Disease
- And many more
Due to Social Distancing requirement, this time the event will be online. Please Join us on zoom by following the meeting details below.
Date: Sunday 28/06/2020
Time: 13:30-18:30 London Time
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88118537428
Meeting ID: 881 1853 7428
Contact: +44 7401606665
As the world begins to emerge from the aftermath of covid19 lockdowns, it is important to assess how these measures have affected the most vulnerable.
Sickle cells continue to affect at least 15000 in the UK. Not only do these people go through unbearable pain, but the condition also affects every aspect of their day to day activities. Due to the widespread lack of basic awareness, more babies are born with Sickle Cells and continue to find it extremely hard to access basic support.
RAISING SICKLE CELL AWARENESS
- By taking this time to read about Sickle Cell you have already helped someone with Sickle Cell through having a better understanding of what life challenges they face. You have therefore helped us closer to our mission of raising the much-needed awareness of Sickle Cell in the UK.
- You can help by educating others about Sickle Cell and help break the stigma around it.
- You can donate to towards this cause and/or directly join our battle against Sickle Cell by volunteering with us.
As a small organisation, we are always grateful for donations and volunteers. To donate please click on the link below. If you would like to volunteer with us please complete our volunteer form and we will get back to you swiftly.
If you would like to fundraise on behalf of WERENT BORN RICH, please complete our fundraising form and we will contact you with further details.
How do we spend your money?
We are dedicated to making a difference and committed to ensuring all donation s go directly to our community cause. Your donations fund our charitable activities that in turn support families affected by Sickle Cell while raising the necessary awareness that will stop other babies being born with Sickle Cell.